I was getting ready to crawl into bed when I discovered a fellow blogger had nominated me for the Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs (http://www.welovedhere.com/2012/07/we-loved-here-liebster-award.html)
A big thank you to fellow blogger http://makeshift-living.com/ for the nomination. Be sure to visit her blog for great projects and tips on renting with style!
Now for the rules of this nomination. Be sure to thank the blog that nominated you and post a link back to their blog.
Next you must answer the 10 questions your nominator asked you. Then nominate your 10 favorite blogs with under 200 followers and ask your own 10 questions. Be sure to notify each blog you nominate by telling them on their blog and sending them a link back to you Liebster post.
I nominate the following blogs… in no specific order…. drum roll please….dadadadaddadadadadadada…..
2. Yoo Imagine
3. Crafty Madre
Now for my questions from Makeshift Living
1. Why did I start blogging? Honestly it was pinterest. I had become addicted and soon realized I had already done many of the crafts on there on my own. I would see so many hard and expensive tutorials and I just wanted to show people things could be simplified on a budget. I also enjoy knowing that the things done here in my little house in Louisiana can be seen by people around the world with just a click. It’s fulfilling.
2. What 3 positives does blogging bring to my life? One, I recently moved away from friends and family. Blogging keeps me busy and gives me an outlet to share; since I can’t just invite a friend over to say “hey, check out the new bathroom decor”. Two, I am awful about starting projects and never finishing. With blogging I am now eager to finish so I can post it to Mommy MoonBlossom asap. Three, I’m learning so much about other people with similar interests and learning new techniques for further endeavors.
3. What hopes do I have for my blog? hmmm… not sure at the moment. I hope to gather a larger following, establish more content, and be shared on multpile outlets. I would love for one of my posts, if not many, to be the one women are referring to when the following conversation takes place, “Oh my god, I saw this thing on pinterest (insert whatever project here)”, friend will reply, “I saw that too, it looks so easy I want to try it soon!”… Pretty much I just want people to find my blog inspiring.
4. Of what am I most proud of? In life that would be my son. He is a wonderful smart little man. He is always entertaining and the only thing I don’t like about blogging is the time it takes away from him. As a stay at home mom though, I’m sure he enjoys the break too sometimes.
5. Where do I shop the most? Not a shopper in all honesty. Big things like furniture and frames I shop garage sales. Craft supplies when I do break down and buy them, Hobby Lobby. Clothes… well…. where ever they are on sale for dirt cheap. I would suggest http://www.Urbanog.com for shoes. It is my only splurge store. Oh and Wal-Mart, I hate that place yet I end up there at least twice a week.
6. I have $10 to spend on Amazon, what do I buy? Fabric, or a Fantasy type fairy or mythology field journal. Love the study, even when it’s imaginary facts, of mythical creatures.
7. What crafting tool can I absolutely not live without? Acrylic, I put that sh*t on everything.
8. What is my go-to recipe when I’m too tired to cook? I call in the Jerry (husband) but when that fails, spaghetti. It’s just the easiest and everyone loves it. We do have this thing in our house called “fend for yourself night”, where we all scour the kitchen and pantry for whatever appeals to us individually.
9. Would I choose undying love or unlimited fund? I’m assuming you mean relationship style love therefore I choose unlimited funds. Don’t get me wrong I love my husband but I have a son now, that love is enough to sustain any mother. With unlimited funds I can live worry free, even undying love is hard when your broke, I been there. Unlimited fund would provide me with some of that undying lust occasionally and I could live with that. I’d just play sugar mama to my husband and make him my pool boy.
10. I do have a fur baby? I do, her name is Fancy and she is faaaar from furry. She’s actually naked! A Chinese Crested who is at the moment recovering from a coon/possum attack. We’re not sure which one got her but it got her good. Poor thing has been ran over twice, stomped by a passing A-hole, and now attacked by the local wildlife. She is a survivor
My Questions for my Nominations:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite post on your blog and can you include link?
3. If you do anything for a living without worrying about income, what would it be?
4. Who is the most supportive of your blogging endeavors?
5. You’ve been hired to write a monthly column for your favorite magazine/blog. What is your column about?
6. What is something you really want your followers to know about you?
7. Do you live with family or pets? How many?
8. What is your favorite photo of yourself, post it.
9. What do you find the most challenging about running a blog?
10. Where do you want to be in the next 5-10 years? Is your blog still in the picture?
Can’t wait to hear from each of you and let the nominations spread!!!!
- Liebster Nomination! (makeshift-living.com)
- Nominated for the Liebster Award!!!!! (thefashionschizo.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award Nomination (aliceandmolly.com)